Ett smart, billigt och funktionellt sätt att digitalisera tryckta böcker med hjälp av din smarta telefon och bluetooth.
Construction requires parts mostly found at local hardware stores supplemented with a few ready made, inexpensive parts available on Amazon/Ebay and an absolute minimal amount of handiwork (just drilling 4 pairs of holes and 6 cuts with a hacksaw) with just a few basic hand tools (hand drill, hack-saw, file, vice or clamp, square, wire cutters, adjustable wrenches, etc.). Total cost is approx $120-$170 depending on optional items also incorporated.
- Uses smart-phones with a blue-tooth remote shutter trigger.
- Flattens pages so the full content (even text close to the spine) is imaged without text curvature for accurate OCR.
- Scans paperbacks nearly as fast as hardbacks, with as good quality and without forcing the spine wide open to avoid damaging or creasing the spine.
- Scans books up to 13″ x 10″ (i.e. all normal sized books and many oversized books).
- Knock down, compact and portable enough to carry on a bus use unobtrusively in libraries, clamped to the end of a small table.
- Solid with no finicky parts needing constant attention, adjusting and fiddling during operation.
Mer info, ritningar och grejer kan du hitta här.