Här är ett gäng artiklar, video-klipp etc som intresserat, förbryllat och roat mig – men som jag inte hinner blogga speciellt om:
- The Guardian: Public libraries ‘should try to emulate coffee shops’ – Independent report warns of library closures if features such as free Wi-Fi are not improved.
- Information Research – an international electronic journal Volume 19 No 4 December, 2014
- Pew’s Internet Quiz– jag hade 9 av 12 rätt!
- Guitar Lending Collection at Licking County Library – vad kan biblioteket låna ut? Gitarrer!
- Planning and Implementing a 3D Printing Service in an Academic Library – This article provides a guide to developing a 3D print service including recommendations for building support, issues to consider before implementing a service, tips for developing staff proficiency, and links to guides and policies at academic libraries. We also present examples of use cases observed at the University of Florida 3D printing service that demonstrate the value of 3D printing in supporting the teaching and research mission of a university.
- The Reading & Writing Foundation – The objective of the foundation is to devote attention to the 1.3 million Dutch citizens (in the age between 16 and 65) who are unable to participate fully within society due to literacy related problems
- Industry Tap: Forget iPads and Kindles… The Navy Now Has Its Own E-reader Device!
- 200 Librarians To Follow On Twitter – the usual suspects!
David Lee King: Hacking, & Creating At The Library:
Favorit i repris: Neil Gaiman om läsning och bibliotek:
AnyQuestions: helping New Zealand school students – läxhjälp på biblioteket – Men: Please note: AnyQuestions is closed for 2014 and will be reopening at the beginning of the 2015 school year. We hope you all have a wonderful summer break!
Amazing Flashmob – (Library Singing)